The Department of Commerce (Professional Accounting) was established in the year 2014. The Department caters all the needs to fulfill the aspirations of desiring professional accountants. Comprising of an intellectual elite of faculty members as the pillar of support, this department stands as a prolific learning hub for all aspiring scholars. We teach professional skills for students and help them recognize their own strengths and flaws.
COMPACT association and Industry Institute Forum were established with the goal of allowing students to interact with a range of professionals and broadening their exposure and knowledge. The department hosts a variety of Guest Lectures, Workshops, Seminars, and Conferences to help students improve their subject knowledge. We provide internship opportunities with a reputable auditor association group aids students in grasping the practical aspects of accounting. We also provide value added and MOOC courses to boost the curriculum to maintain their career capabilities.
To develop the department by providing quality and value based education which enhance the students to improve their innovative skills to face competitive world with confidence.
To mould the students to achieve the expectations of the employers and to inculcate good discipline and character among the students for their all-around development.
July – Every Year
Outcome Based Education Curriculum
Programme Educational Objectives
- PEO1 : Student will possess a deep and broad understanding of accounting principles and practices as evidenced by professional employment, continued professional development and graduate study in professional fields
- PEO2 : To demonstrate professional expertise in financial planning, analysis, control, Decision support and professional ethics with the employees
- PEO3 : Graduates will be responsive to professional and societal contexts, committed to ethical concerns, effective and contributing member of the community
- PEO4 : Able to work in a company where the business is continuously expanding and growth prospects are good
- PEO5 : Graduate will be flexible, adaptable, independent and collaborative with leadership qualities, so as to sustain oneself working in multidisciplinary team
- PO1 : Ability to apply ethical principles and responsible practices during their profession
- PO2 : Ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning for continued professional development
- PO3 : Become qualified professionals in the field of accounting and auditing
- PO4 : Demonstrate professional ethics in legal aspects of business
- PO5 : Ability to apply ethical principles and responsible practices during their profession and career
Why Study B.Com PA at SANKARA ?
Highlights of B.Com PA
- Qualified and Dedicated faculty team
- Extensive Career Guidance and Life Skills programme
- Internship opportunities with leading auditing firms
- Game Based Learning with KAHOOT and SOCRATIVE applications
- Extension activities beyond the curriculum
- Special guidance and support for professional courses
Highlights of B.Com PA
- Excellent placement records consecutively
- Value Added and Certification programme to boost the curriculum
- MOOC certification programmes
- Industry Institute Forum for industry exposure
- Industrial visits for practical learning
- Mandatory Project credit course in final semester